|Home » Eyebrow Makeup
How to Pluck Your Eyebrow?
Tweezing your eyebrows is the most dramatic way to change your face without makeup or surgery. It can make your eyes look larger and give your face a clean, polished look.
- Sit near a window to get the best light.
- Wash the area thoroughly so it's not oily.
- Decide what shape you want for your eyebrows. Styles change: It may help to flip through fashion magazines for ideas.
- Draw in a brow line on your eyebrow with a brow pencil to serve as a guide. Follow the brow's natural line by conforming to the curve of your upper eyelid.
- Pull the skin at the outer end of the eyebrow taut against the brow bone, and use the brow bone as an additional guide.
- Use a pair of angled eyebrow tweezers to pluck the hairs below the brow; never shape your brow by plucking above it. Pluck only one hair at a time.
- Start plucking in the middle of the eyebrow and pluck toward the outer end; then go back to the middle and pluck toward the nose. Your brows should extend a little beyond each corner of your eye.
- Use a cotton ball or pad soaked in pure tea tree oil or witch hazel to soothe your plucked brows
- Consider having your brows waxed once professionally to get exactly the shape you want. You can then pluck the strays as they grow in.
- Habitual plucking may make some hairs stop growing permanently, so pluck with caution.
- There are tweezers on the market that are specially designed for plucking eyebrows. They cost a bit more but make the experience less painful.
Comments » Add yours?
Leave a comment