|Home » Eye Makeup
How to Curl Your Eyelashes?
If you were born with straight or limp lashes, grab an eyelash curler! This rather odd-looking beauty tool lifts lashes and opens up the eyes.
- Apply eye shadow and eyeliner, allowing it to dry before curling your lashes. Mascara is always applied after curling the lashes to avoid lash breakage and smearing.
- Ensure that your lashes are clean and dry.
- Open the curler and place your upper lashes inside its mouth. Close your eye slightly, then open it; all of the lashes should move into the curler's mouth. Always hold the eyelash curler so that the mouth is parallel to your lashes.
- Move the curler closer to the eye until the tool comes to the base of the lashes, but not over the skin of the eyelid.
- Keep the eye open and slowly close the curler. Your eyelashes should fan out evenly across the upper bar. If at any time you feel pinching, readjust the curler.
- Hold the closed curler for a slow count of five, keeping your hand and face steady. Repeat for additional volume.
Repeat with the other eye.
- Practice. This beauty enhancer takes a little getting used to.
- Clean any eye makeup off of the curler regularly and replace the curler pad every few months.
Never pull the curler away from your face when it's clamped onto your lashes, as this may pull your lashes out of your lid.
Comments » Add yours?
Leave a comment