|Home » Eye Makeup
How to Keep Your Summer Eye Makeup Fresh?
If streaking liner and creasing eye shadow have you ready to wipe your eye makeup off by lunch, modify your regimen. Prevention is your best defense in keeping eye makeup fresh during the hot and humid summer months.
When your new regimen still can't beat the heat, a few simple touch-ups will keep your eyes free of streaks.
- Switch to products that can handle the heat. Look for long-wearing or waterproof mascara, choose eye pencils over liquid liners, and switch to shadows that harden to a cream once applied.
- Go light. Line the upper lash line, or settle for a sweep of a light shadow. Shadow from lash line to brow is more likely to cake or crease in the heat, and darker colors will be more apparent if they bleed.
- Skip eyeliner and mascara on the lower lashes. It's likely to streak in the sweaty under-eye area.
- Set eye makeup with a light dusting of loose powder. This will help absorb any moisture that may cause eye makeup to melt.
- Use a non-powdered blotting paper to remove any under-eye perspiration when you do notice streaking. Wipe away any eye makeup with a clean cotton swab.
- Reapply faded makeup sparingly.
- Limit yourself to one coat of mascara.
- Consider permanent makeup. It's now possible to have your brows and lash line permanently tinted.
Do not apply additional mascara to the lashes during the day. This may lead to a caked or clumpy look.
Comments » Add yours?
Leave a comment