|Home » Eye Makeup
How to Choose an Eye Shadow Color?
Your eyes are the windows to your soul. Make them come alive with a touch of shadow on the lids.
- Shop for shades that complement your skin and eye color. Look for colors that softly contrast with the shade of your eyes - not colors that match them exactly.
- Choose simple, natural shades. If you opt for bright or trendy colors, be careful; they can look unnatural unless balanced with other suitable tones, and may go out of style as fast as thy came in.
- Buy colors that blend well together. You want your eyes to attract the attention, not any marked lines caused by your shadow.
- Keep in mind that dark colors will minimize your eyes, while light shades will make them stand out.
- Consider soft browns and tans with sandy or pink undertones for blue eyes.
- Wear khaki and brown shades with yellow undertones for green eyes.
- Accent dark brown and black eyes with brown and charcoal shadows.
- Experiment. Head to a department store's cosmetic counter and have your eyes made up by a professional. Ask for color combinations that could work for day and evening.
- A little color goes a long way. Begin with a little shadow, and gradually increase it to find the amount that flatters you the most.
- Shadow can look a lot darker in its palette, so don't let color intensity keep you from trying a shade you like.
- If you experiment with bright shadows, use them as a wash over the eyelids to add a hint of color.
Shadow may irritate your eyes, especially if you wear contact lenses. Tap excess powder from the applicator before applying.
Comments » Add yours?
make up for dummies at age 40yrs +
Was this information helpful? Yes or
Mary Hawkey from Burkburnett Texas, February 25, 2009
I have Tried every make up out there and i cant find one that wont cake up on me and i cant find colors to complement my brown eyes I have been using earth tones for a number of yrs my eyes are a bit narrow and one eye is getting the skin over lap on the lid Please Help me, i have only had friends show me how to do my makeup but i really need total make over but i doubt if you can help that, But thanks
Leave a comment