|Home » Eye Makeup
How to Use False Eyelashes?
Go for glamour with false eyelashes. Whether you apply a few singles to create a subtle change or full lashes for optimal drama, practice first'this is a tricky beauty enhancer.
- Decide what look you're seeking. A full set of false eyelashes adds high drama to your evening appearance or returns the eyelashes that may have disappeared due to illness.
- Little clumps of fake lashes on the outside corners of your eyes create a subtle, sophisticated glamour.
- Choose a color that complements the occasion. For evening, stick to black (or dark brown if you have pale lashes), which adds drama without requiring mascara. In the daytime, go dark brown (light brown or blond if you have pale lashes) for a natural look.
- Check their length. Full lashes should follow the natural line of your own lashes. Trim them with sharp scissors to accommodate your needs.
- Begin with clean eyes, free of makeup or debris.
- Hold the lashes in your hand and apply a very thin line of glue or adhesive along the base; let it sit for 1 minute. Begin with a minimal amount of glue, adding more if needed.
- Look into a mirror, either on the wall or placed on a countertop. Apply the false lashes above your eyelashes, as close to your lash line as possible, following its natural curve.
- Adjust the lashes with your fingertips, tweezers or a toothpick.
- If you're using lash clumps, place them at the outside corners of your upper lashes (one or two per eye should suffice). Adjust their position with a toothpick, fingers or tweezers.
- Apply eye makeup. You may find your new lashes dramatic enough without mascara, so take a good look in the mirror first.
- Practice a few times before your debut. This is a challenging beauty trick to master, but a dress rehearsal should make for a smash opening.
- Remove false eyelashes before you go to bed, using a warm compress or makeup remover.
- After wearing full lashes, soak them in eyelash-cleaning solution until the next time you wear them.
- Never pull the lashes from your lids, as you may pull your own lashes out or rip your skin.
- Never apply glue directly to your eyelids; it may get into your eyes, or you may glue your eye shut.
Comments » Add yours?
lash cleaning soluton?
Was this information helpful? Yes or
SHEILA, February 20, 2008
Where do you buy this false eyelash cleaning solution? Is there a name for the product? Who makes one?
Leave a comment