|Home » Makeup Tips
Tips for Makeups to Achieve a Natural Look
This system of applying makeup for a natural look is fast and easy when you get the hang of it.
- Understand that a 'natural' look is one that uses colors that are right for your skin tone. How much you use, and where, depends on your personal style.
- Make sure your concealer is yellow in tone since it mutes imperfections without adding color, giving your skin a natural look.
- Apply foundation that matches your skin tone. The right foundation will seem to disappear on your face. If you are African-American, it's a good idea to have light, medium and dark shades of your foundation to allow for different gradations of color on different parts of your face.
- Apply eye makeup in earthy tones'beige, brown, gold or plum for shadows and brown and charcoal gray for liner and mascara. Skip liner or shadow entirely if you want to keep makeup light.
- Choose a blush color that is close to the color of your cheeks after you've exercised.
- Apply makeup in the order described in "eHow to Apply Makeup in 10 Easy Steps" (see Related eHows), and remember to clean and moisturize your face first.
- Choose brighter or darker tones for a stronger, more made-up look.
Intensify your natural makeup for evening. Instead of brown, for example, go for charcoal around the eyes. 'Pop' blush with a brighter color over your usual one. Make lips brighter, darker or more shimmery.
Don't skimp on makeup tools. Better tools make applying makeup easier and faster.
Comments » Add yours?
Leave a comment