|Home » Makeup Tips
Tips for Prom Makeup
With prom just around the corner, you're apt to be twice as chatty with your girlfriends. You'll gab about your dresses, then your hair and of course your makeup. Will it be lipstick or a colored gloss? A pastel shadow or pencil liner? Oh, decisions, decisions.
- Use a light foundation to even out your skin tone, hide blemishes and create the appearance of a flawless face. Use a makeup sponge to thoroughly blend the formula into your skin and leave no lines between your jaw, neck and chest.
- Set your face makeup with a loose powder then add a hint of color to highlight your features. Accentuate your cheekbones with a hint of shimmery cream blush or contour the temples, cheeks, forehead and chin with a light dusting of bronzer.
- Line your upper lids with a delicate stroke of liquid liner that arches at the ends for a touch of glamour. Or dust a glitter powder over your entire eyelid then smudge a little liner at the outer eye edges for a subtle, yet still stunning eye.
- Curl lashes for maximum volume, or place a few false eyelashes at the outside edge of your upper lash line for maximum glamour. Apply a coat or two of lengthening mascara and you're sure to wow 'em.
- Brush lips with a cranberry, warm caramel or cocoa colored gloss, then apply a super shiny clear gloss for thatstunning starlet look. Line lips with a pencil, then fill in with a creamy lipstick to give definition and shape to thin lips.
- Remember the body makeup. Shimmer under the stars by applying glitter powder or gel to bare arms, shoulders and upper chest. Wash hands thoroughly before you get dressed.
- Get your parents' blessing. Makeup for teens can be a touchy subject, especially for dads, so let them know your plans before the big night to avoid any disagreements.
- If you plan to get your makeup professionally done, bring your own lipstick and gloss to your appointment. This way you can touch up your lips throughout the evening.
- Sharing eye makeup with your friends can result in the transfer of bacteria that leads to eye infections like pink eye.
- Get glamorous, then step into your dress. Otherwise you might accidentally stain your gown with makeup or hair styling products.
Comments » Add yours?
Leave a comment